Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Clapotis

Clapotis is done! This was such a quick, mindless knit, but so cool looking at the end! And of course dropping stitches on purpose is always fun. My denises came unjoined from the cord a few times during the knitting process and my scrambling to keep all those dropped stitches from unravelling seemed kind of funny, when I was purposefully dropping other ones.

I went a little nuts with the pictures since I actually made the effort and braved the passerbys' gawkings to go out to the front porch to get good light, so I have several non-fuzzy pictures instead of my usual 1 or 2 out of 30 or so.

Anyway here it is blocking (doubled up):

Pretty pretty colors (there are several knots in the finished product, one of which you can see here, which is entirely my fault, somehow I ended up making several huge snarls out of my center-pull ball and just broke the yarn instead of dealing with it):

Modeled by the porch railing:And the chair:

And by me!Specs:
yarn - Cherry Tree Hill Merino Supersock - a mill end, so I don't know what the name of the colorway is. I love the colors in this yarn - especially all the blues. And I think Clapotis is the perfect pattern for a variegated yarn, since any pooling is made much less obvious by the big stripes of dropped stitches. The yarn itself is very soft and smooth and lightweight, I think this is the lightest scarf I've made yet.
needles - Denise size 5s

I've started one of my Christmas projects already. Here's a glimpse that hopefully doesn't reveal what it's going to be, since the recepient may be lurking:
Mmm pumpkin. This is Knitpicks Essential in Pumpkin, the color really reminds me more of pumpkin pie filling. Mmmmm...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your clapotis came out beautifully. Nice work!

gilraen said...

I love your Clapotis, so light. :)

How many skeins did it take to finish?

gilraen said...

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be able to work out from the yardage how many to buy :)

Unknown said...

You did a great job! Very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

Your clapotis is beautiful. I really must get on with finishing mine!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous! Nice work! :)

Hege said...

It looks great! I am sure you will enjoy this all this fall and winter!

ofpinsandneedles said...

Oooh, yum. One of the nicest Clapotis I've seen (and yes, I've seen as many as everyone else has, and I do mean it).

Cherry Tree mill ends?! Where do you find those?!

Teyani said...

Hi Rachel-
I didn't have your email to contact you directly.. but wanted to reply...
your clapotis is fabulous!! I love all the various 'modeling' photos.
thanks for entering my contest on my blog!

Batty said...

I'm loving your supersock Clapotis. The colors are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous clapotis. How many yards/meters did you use?