Tuesday, July 18, 2006

something old, something new, something borrowed, and a blue sock

I had this horrible dream last night that I was suddenly getting married, like, right now (well, right then, in the dream) and had done almost no preparation. J and I are getting married next spring, which is the opposite of nightmareish, but in my dream it was like there was suddenly a time wrinkle between now and next spring that resulted in the actual wedding planning being skipped but all the guests and everyone showing up. Oddly enough, in my dream, my biggest worry seemed to be that my dress was wrinkled. Clearly I have my priorities straight.

Anyway, in other news, I've started knitting with that Hill Country Yarns instant gratification aqua merino sock yarn I mentioned a few posts ago. I realized on Saturday that I had not bought nearly enough yarn for J's sweater, and I got so depressed that I decided I needed to put that away and start some socks. Here it is in all its blueness, so far (also a gratuitous shot of my freshly pedicured toes, which is a rare state for them to be in):

The pattern is just a basic sock pattern, and I took the decorative pattern part (which is just a rotating P3 K1 which makes that swirlyness) from the Heelless Sleeping Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

Here's a close-up that shows the cool striations of the yarn:

It is knitting up very quickly (size 5 needles!), and is very thick and squooshy in a comforting, wintery sock kind of way (unfortunately, it is actually real summery weather here in San Francisco, for once) .

1 comment:

Hege said...

Thanks for your comment! Not to copy you or anything, but I love the color of your sock! The aqua/ turquoise colors are my favorites! :)
Your dream is funny, good luck with your planning, sounds like you are very well prepared!